Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Beauty Swap

Today was going to be a gardening day but the random rain stopped me from doing it.  I will give you one my fun gardening facts, though :)
Before planting Okra seeds soak them in milk overnight.  A lot of people germinate seeds in a damp paper towel but I am telling you, okra seeds in a cup of milk for one night does wonders.  It softens the seeds just right and makes them grow pretty quickly.  Where did I stumble upon this little trick you ask? Well, my dad and every single deep south gardener I've ever met.  I always go with the southern way of doing things; it's usually right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember the posts where I've talked about Angie (my blog's designer) and how wonderful she is?  Well, she is teamed up with another amazing blogger, Beth, and they run Chaotic Goddess Swaps.  They have a pretty amazing swap sign-up happening right now that everyone should take a peek at.  The Itty Bitty Beauty Swap
In this swap you will be connected with a fellow blogger and you will swap gifts(up to $25), the theme being beauty.  Who doesn't want to get a box of feel-good goodies in the mail? I certainly do!
Sign-Ups Close on May 9, 2013

4 comments:

  1. So excited you're joining us! This is going to be so much fun! I have already picked out the perfect partner for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to have you with us with this swap! And thanks for the okra seed tip....I haven't yet tried okra (I don't know why...it makes me nervous), but if I like it, and can grow it in Seattle (hrmm....), then I'll definitely try soaking the seeds in milk overnight before planting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol okra is kind of weird. It's gooey sometimes, but it really all depends on how you cook it. The unhealthy fried way is my favorite :)

      Delete