Sunday, October 11, 2015

See ya in space, my friend...

Can you believe it's already October 11th? I can't. Where is time going? Old age makes time space go much faster; I am not a fan. 
This past week and a half has been a rough one. We had to go to Ohio to celebrate the life of my stepbrother, Greg. He unexpectedly passed due to complications in his journey for better health (chemo to kill what little immune system he had left to receive a bone marrow cell transplant which was supposed to ultimately make him better/stronger than he was.)
 It's been said that tragedy brings people together. Unfortunately, that is the case here. I had no idea how many wonderful, amazing cousins I had on my stepdad's side of the family and I'm honored and incredibly proud knowing that they stood by his side during all of this until I could join them. Greg was all about family, friends and love. He had a veil over his eyes and mind that I used to think of as an adolescent way of thinking and living. But, now I wish I could have that veil. That complete, seriously true happiness that he carried everywhere with him, he never saw the negative, he never felt bad feelings, and trust me they were there and we had to combat that hate with love this past week. Greg literally smiled and happily bounced his way through life, like he couldn't see the existence of something that wasn't positive. He always wanted everyone to be together and sadly it took him leaving us to finally do just that. And ya know what, when we did, we found that we were and are a force to be reckoned with. I'm sorry it took us so long Greg, but you were right. We all love each other and we couldn't have done it without you. We'll do our best to honor you until we're able to see you again, when we can all happily bounce around the stars together.

2 comments: